Having survived in the blogosphere for over 9 months now , finally, I took the plunge in creating a logo for my baby blog…as I am now a part of the BlogBuddy Campaign !
Today, being a day off from work and after catering to the needs of the family, I sat down to scribble a rough sketch of my logo.Creating a logo is easier said than done….I know that there are apps abound to create logos, but then I dint have the patience to go around looking for the one that reflects my beliefs and my blog! Though I did waste away an hour to search for a perfect logo!
Out of curiosity, I downloaded Adobe Draw and fiddled with the options for the next one hour or so.Then , I started drawing the strokes with different colours, brush sizes and also experimented with different patterns.The final output that satisfied me for now, is after fifteen unimpressive designs that saw their way towards the trash bin!
You can see two pictures below : The first pic is a rough sketch of what I intended to achieve and the second is the final logo of Polkajunction…. 🙂
Interpreting the Blog’s Logo :
- The letters PKJN- represent the blog name.
- The shapes of ‘Om’ and the auspicious swastika are embedded in it though a little oriented differently and is visible from a particular angle.Represents my beliefs and sentiments.
- The letter ‘J’ is placed in such a way that it looks like a road with a curve representing the interesting travel experiences I encounter.
- The pointed line of the letter ‘K’ represents the pen aka penning down my reviews
- The letter ‘N’ represents my scribblings in the form of random musings
- The colours represent uniqueness, imagination , dreams , nostalgia and memories.
Overall the polkadot encloses my thoughts, travelogues, reviews and random musings!
This is my first step in the #BlogBuddy Campaign of #BlogChatter apart from the #NaBloPoMo
So, How did you like my new logo? Do let me know 🙂
I am participating in the NaBloPoMo challenge that encourages me to blog every single day of November and come out with wonderful blog posts….This post is part of the same challenge.